Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Golfing in Thailand



Wow, what a weekend of golf. I left Friday after school, and was in Bangkok by 7:00 at night. I met up with my golf buddies, had a great Thai dinner, and then crashed for the night. The next morning, we left the hotel at 8:00 in the morning and drove to the Bangkok Golf Club.

The course was in amazing shape....especially the greens....fast and true. I was paired with a teacher from ISB, a teacher from TAS, and another teacher from JIS, Kevin Callahan (pictured above in that order). I played really well for a change. I shot a 92, but that included three putts missed by mere millimeters....should have broken 90. However, I was really happy with the way my game went....good drives, good fairway shots, and my short game was on fire. A couple of water balls kept my score from breaking 90 as well....oh well.

The best part of the day was the JIS boys. They were nine stokes back from ISB on Friday. They really rallied to not only catch up to ISB, but they beat them by five strokes by the end of the day. These kids are amazing. 3 of the six kids (9th graders) shot in the 70's, the best shooting just 4 over par. I wish I could play like them.

No comments: