Sunday, September 14, 2008

Water Buck Basking in the Sun

The great thing about photography is how one's camera can capture a moment in time, and the memory of that moment stays with you forever. Even though I took this photo back in June of 2004, I still remember the moment like it was yesterday.

Not 10 seconds after I took this photo, a couple of lions casually strolled out into the grass, and this water buck shot off like a rocket...the lions showed little interest in the buck, but the buck was certainly on alert...

4 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Scotty: What an amazing shot, you did a super job of showing this animal.
Read your comment on Troy's blog and was surprised, I thought you were the best on photo shop.

Louise said...

Wow! The color in the grasses is just fantastic. Perfect what to show the buck.

Did you get a picture of the lions, too?

kjpweb said...

Yeah, rub it in! Give me a sec here.
So - now my face has turned from the green of envy to normal coloration again. Most excellent. Seeing animals like that in the wild is a blast - and then the Lions... Wow.
Cheers, Klaus

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Hi Neighbor!
Great nature photography here.