Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just Hangin' Out

I passed this guy while riding my bike....and then thought, "that would be a cool photo...", so I turned my bike around, grabbed my camera, and took the photo without him realizing I had done so...would have ruined the photo if he saw me.

By the way, taking photos while riding a bike is not easy. I have yet to figure out a good way to carry my camera for easy access while riding a bike. Always have to stop, get off the bike, take my backpack off, unload the camera, and then finally take the shot...by that time, what I want to take a photo of has usually lost its impact...some money could be made coming up with a good system for photographers on bikes...

4 comments:

Eve said...

Awesome photo!
I agree completely. My mom used to have a hard case that sort of wrapped around the camera body and left the strap free to hang around her body. Still a little work involved, but a lot quicker than removing a camera from it's backpack. I haven't seen one in years though.

Inday said...

I agree, and this could be a good entry for an Archibald Prize if you painted this yourself. Maybe you could.

This is more than just a cool picture. It has Artistic photo sense in this.

Glad to see you here in Skywatch as I used to be actively following your photoblog.

Australia:Quadrat in Focus

Arija said...

This photo I love, what did you do to make it look like a super realist painting?

Anonymous said...

Great shot. I admire and appreciate all you have to do to take the photos on a bike.

Paz