Monday, June 18, 2012

Trees and Texture

I was playing around with some of my China photos from this past Christmas. I really find it enjoyable and relaxing doing post processing. Some people hate it, and some even don't like photographs with ANY post processing....I don't really understand that, but in this day in age with digital photography, I find the PP work just as fun and exciting as taking the photo....well, sometimes...and I also believe the PP is really important in showing one's vision as an artist....anyone can snap a photo of something, but not everyone can create "art" from their photos...along with composition and lighting, PP is also important for the final image...in my opinion.

For the photo below, I first converted it to black n white, and then added some textures to the photo which brought back in some color...I like the result...It might not be for everyone, but as long as I am happy with it, who cares what others think, right?


2 comments:

Mike said...

Nice piece of art! You're right, if it works for you that all that counts.

Anonymous said...

Very nice.