Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Manta Rules

It is hard to describe the feeling when diving with these gentle giants, but every time I have been fortunate to dive with these magnificent creatures, it is an experience I shall never forget...

I captured this one with my super wide 10.5 mm lens while he hovered only inches above me for more than 5 minutes...I don't know if he was just curious or if he liked the bubbles hitting his belly...but it was one of those moments in life that will always be with me...

4 comments:

kjpweb said...

Wow! These worlds that I will never see are nothing short of fascinating - as is this image! It got me floored.
Cheers, Klaus

Tom said...

Fantastic Shot Scotty...
I had to show this one to Janbe as he as a 'thing' for rays and sharks. she loved it.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Amazing shot. Just to have seen that must was an experience and then you got a great shot of it too.

Anonymous said...

Great shot, the tinted b & w really enhances the mood well.