Wednesday, January 12, 2011

View From The Top of Marina Sands

As promised yesterday, this is the view from the top of the Marina Sands Hotel in Singapore. As usual these days, there were no tripods allowed...I get irritated every time I hear that stupid rule. When I ask why, I usually never get an answer. In Italy, I would just get a shake of the head and a "I don't know, but no tripods are allowed" response.

In Singapore, they told me I couldn't use a tripod because people might trip over my tripod legs, so I asked if I could use my tripod as a "mono-pod" and not extend the legs...they reluctantly let me do that....so, I took these shots with my camera on the tripod, but the legs pointing straight down...it helped a bit, but it was still tough to stabilize my camera for a night shot...

I was there pretty late, and when I wanted to take a photo in one spot, there were no people around....so, I opened up my tripod to get a shot because there was no-one around to "trip" over my tripod legs...of course, a security guard came right over to me and told me I couldn't use a tripod. I was going to argue with him, but thought it pointless....these guys don't use logic, they are just programmed to deliver a message...arrrrgh!

8 comments:

Owen said...

Thoroughly surreal and beautiful colors... you really "paint" with your photos. A pleasure to regard...

Carolyn Ford said...

On top of the world...fabulous view and your image certainly could sell the place! Awesome!

Kay L. Davies said...

Absolutely beautiful, Scotty! I will never go up there, so I'm glad you did, and got this wonderful photo. Very strange about the tripod rule.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Elena said...

Un colorido magnífico! El brillo de las luces es fantastico. Muy bella perspectiva. Saludos. Elena.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Fantastica foto.
Scegliere la più bella è molto difficile.
Buona serata.
Myriam :)

Eve said...

Beautiful! I love how the lights from the tower shoot up though the sky and disappear into the clouds.

lu said...

after seing this shot :)
I really want to go up there one of these days..
your photo is just so awesome :)
The colours of it..it makes the city so beautiful and awesome..

Neil Sinhababu said...

Great photo! I put it in a blog post -- hope that's cool.