Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beautiful But Deadly

I have heard that this Banded Sea Snake is the most poisonous snake in the world, but they are like little puppy dogs underwater and very shy. They have very small mouths, so there is not much danger in getting bit by one. I got this shot at the end of one of my dives...I was doing my safety stop after a long dive and had very little air left in my tank...my camera was turned off and my strobes were all folded up when I saw this snake appear...he stayed still for a bit, and I thought, "I should dive back down and get a shot"...so, that's what I did....turned my camera on, unwrapped my strobes, and shot down for 5 seconds...took one shot, and went back to my safety stop...ha ha...got lucky!!

6 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Got lucky, indeed, Scotty! A beautiful photo!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully vivid & clear... you'd outdone yourself, one of your best, in my opinion! =)

PhotoAlbert said...

Great photo. I like the colors. Well done :)

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Grande foto Scotty !
Sembra un immenso gioiello !
Buona giornata.
Myriam :)

Elena said...

Impresionante!
Saludos.

Country Girl said...

Wow. Awesome!