Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trevally On The Hunt

We were out looking for Mantas, but the Mantas were not around...so what to do, what to do?

I know..."lets head over to the old jetties by that island out there"...

So, that is what we did...on the swim over to the jetties, I saw two Hammerhead sharks. I had never seen Hammerheads in this part of the world before...I was so shocked, I didn't get a photo, but they were too far from me to have gotten a good shot anyway...but VERY cool to see Hammerheads cruising the reef. In any case, we headed to the jetties, and there was the usual HUGE mass of fish under the pier and these Giant Trevally hunting. I could have watched them for hours...they would gather outside of the school, and then they would dive into the school of fish like lightning sending the huge school of fish in a panic...very cool to watch.

1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

Gorgeous photo, Scotty. I like seeing the huge school of fish, and can well imagine 10 of the Trevally causing a panic.
Too bad you didn't find the rays you were looking for.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel