Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Now THAT is a BIG Pack

When you trek in Nepal, most hire porters to carry your packs...at least I did. I only had to carry a small day pack that held my camera and my water...and even with that small pack, it was a challenge going up and down the Himalayan trails.

But these guys were amazing...I don't know how they walk for hundreds of miles with bare feet and a strap around their head carrying everything from baskets to refrigerators up and down steep hills...it really is unreal...

7 comments:

kjpweb said...

You call that big? That's about the size of my Ex's small purse... ;)
You should have seen the large one.
Cheers, Klaus

Ivar Østtun said...

He must have strong neck muscles. Great colors Scotty.
I'm laughing at the comment from Klaus ;-D

Anonymous said...

Wow! I like the colors, too.

Paz

Unknown said...

WOW...that's should be really heavy to carry around. Beautiful image Scotty.

Pernille said...

Have to laugh at Klaus comments too:)

This is just an amazing photo for my eyes. Beautiful colors.

I feel sorry for that man;)

Cheers, Pernille:)

J.C. said...

Wow, he's almost bend over by the weight. I am amazed by these porters.

Andrea said...

An incredible portrait.
The colors,the expression...
Great!