Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moon Rise Over The Pier

I just heard last night that Mount Merapi is erupting, and that there was another earthquake and tsunami in Sumatra...all is fine here in Jakarta, but my heart goes out to those that are living near the natural disaster zones...we live in the "ring of fire" here in Indonesia, and that ring is showing its power lately...

On our last night in Papua last week, we had a BBQ out by the water. I looked over the pier and saw this "Genie" like cloud formation. I knew that if I didn't get a photo of it right away, it would soon disappear...so, I left my food on the table, ran back to my room, got my tripod, set up my Leica, and shot away...a few seconds later, the cloud formation broke up as expected...

5 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

An stunning picture, a one to enjoy for hours!!
Regards.

Anonymous said...

You really timed this perfectly and the result is stunning.

Yoshi said...

My first time to visit and leave a comment on your wonderful blog. Am glad to find this and enjoyed your photography very much.
I love an atmosphere of the image.
Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend.
Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo, indeed.

Paz