Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Art Deco Black n White??

Ok, I debated whether or not to post this image, but talked with Tika (my wife) about it, and she said she thought I should post it. So if she doesn't mind, then why not?

There is a bit of a story that goes with this photo. I went to a photo exhibition here in Jakarta that featured some black n white nudes that were very tastefully done. I had never tried nude photography before, but was inspired by what I saw at the exhibition, so asked Tika if she could be my model for me, and I would give it a try. It was much tougher than I thought it would be, but this was one of my favorites...looks kind of Art Deco, heh?

In any case, I was reading my google+ stream this morning, and up popped an article written by one of the photographers I follow, David Duchemin (link to his blog is on my list to the right). He was writing about sharing, and one of his quotes is:

"The amazing thing about sharing our work is that it keeps the gift moving. But it does something else. It improves our craft."

It was this quote that inspired me to make this post...I was inspired by what I saw at the exhibition, so I am "keeping the gift moving", and also improving my own craft at the same time trying something new...

No comments: