Monday, May 14, 2007

Monkying Around


Yesterday, we were awaken by some drums outside. Tika and I crawled out of bed to find Kayla and some neighborhood kids outside watching a performing monkey. Not something you see everyday outside of your house.

This morning, we were awaken by the neighborhood security at 5:00 in the morning. They were there to report that someone had broken into my volkswagon bug, and stole the radio. The good news was that they caught the guy. They told us the police had taken the guy away, and was beating him...when they say the police were beating him, they mean it. He will be lucky to live. Most thieves that are caught in Indonesia are beaten to death. I don't think the thief knew that my radio didn't work. I had unplugged it, and it was in my glove department.

No comments: