Sunday, March 06, 2011

Before and After Photoshop

This past weekend, I ran a photography workshop for thirty High School Students from our sister schools (IASAS) from Bangkok, Singapore, Taipei, Manila and Kuala Lumpur. We took the kids up to the Bogor Botanical Gardens and they rotated through three stations doing water color painting, painting on mixed media, and my station, Photography. The next morning (yesterday), I ran a Photoshop workshop showing the kids how to create a nice HDR photo, use textures, and a few other tricks to make their photos look better and more artistic...

Below is my first attempt at using Vimeo to show some of my work. I wanted to show the "Before" and "After" shots, and have the photos merge from the "Before" into the "After". So, I loaded up the before and after shots into Lightroom, and created a slide show...and then exported the slide show as an HD movie which I uploaded to Vimeo...I like the way it came out, and I also like that I could re-size the video to fit my blog with no loss in quality. I don't think you can do that with YouTube...can you? So, give the video a look, and let me know what you think...these are six of my favorite shots that I took during the workshop...

Before and After Photoshop from Scotty Graham on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Very cool, Scotty, showing the before and after shots on video. I love the merging process in the sequence.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Cindry said...

I think I need some lessons too! Very nice idea make a video. Good job.

Lynne with an e said...

An excellent way to show the transformations! That workshop sounds great.

Elena said...

Interesting!Greetings.

Catherine said...

I love being able to see the original and the end version. Makes me think which one is more "real" - the one we see with our own eye, or the one that is a combination of everything we can see of the same image at different times of the day? What is reality? What is art? Hmmm.