Friday, December 01, 2006

UN Day at JIS


The day started badly. I was awaken at 4:00 in the morning with loud thunder and a downpour of rain. I was thinking, "Man, it has been so nice for so long, and then UN Day comes along, and it pours rain."

Well, it was still raining when I went to work. Luckily, the rain cleared, and it was pretty dry for most of the day, so I was able to get photos of the students wearing their national dress. The photos above are a sample. It really is a great day at school. The moms of different countries set up booths all around campus, and we all get to gorge ourselves with Indian food, hot dogs from the American booth, Thai food, Dutch food, Canadian food, Italian, spanish,...and the list goes on and on....then, in the afternoon, the kids put on a show that amazes me every year. Dancing, singing, and music from all the different nationality groups. This truly is a great school to work....and it is full of such talented, nice kids.

No comments: